Tuesday 11 September 2018

It's now or never - We're on the property market!


No, your eyes do not deceive you. We’ve taken the plunge, we’ve gone for broke, we’ve jumped in the deep end! Ok, I’ll stop now . . . Our house is on the market!

It occurred to us one night last week, with the way that the property market in the UK works, either we go for the big move now or we’ll have to wait until after Christmas. We thought we’d book a meeting with our preferred estate agent and see what his thoughts were.

Saturday morning the estate agent popped over and joined us for our traditional Saturday morning breakfast – pancakes, bacon and syrup! Nothing like a bit of blackmail to get a good deal, ay?! The agent confirmed our thoughts, explaining that the housing market wouldn’t pick up until Spring 2019 if we didn’t go for it now in Autumn. Our dream is to spend Easter weekend 2019 in our dressing gowns, stuffing our faces full of chocolate in our new house, our new life. Spring 2019 is just too late to get the ball rolling.

It’s now or never!

We signed the dotted line, getting a great deal by the way! We’ve also booked our next trip to Devon property viewing next month, and have got four properties booked in. Obviously this is massively changeable depending on what happens with those properties between now and then, but at least it’s a start. Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.

(Hmmm how many more idioms can I fit into this blog post?!)

So, how do we feel?

When I think about leaving my loving, supportive and hilarious family, I’m filled with such strong sadness that I’ve told Matt he’s going to have to tear me away. When I think of the strong friendships I’ve made since becoming a mum, such understanding and open friendships that I hadn’t experience before motherhood, I question why I would leave them.

But then I imagine setting up my own home, something I’ve never done before, building my own business, growing our own vegetables, home schooling Miri, having more animals, being surrounded by countryside and having a very content husband. I picture Miri running around in the garden in wellies, with Daisy Dog in tow, watering plants and playing in a mud kitchen. I picture teaching Miri how to cook, snuggling up to watch films on rainy days and Christmas! Is there anything more perfect than Christmas in the English countryside? How can I not go? We’re looking for a property big enough for friends and family to come and stay whenever they can, and I’m confident that they will. In fact, at the weekend my mum joked about coming down for a couple of days each week so that she can still have Miri one day a week. When Matt and I agreed, saying absolutely, I think she was quite taken aback – in a positive way!

I’ll let Matt answer how he’s feeling in the comments below, so make sure you check that out.

We’ll be raising a glass of something bubbly tonight.
Here’s to starting our Wildventure!
Cheers!

See more of me here:




1 comment:

  1. Sound like you're going to have your dream life! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete